The Fundamentals of Literacy Instruction and Assessment, Pre-K-6
Primary: The Fundamentals of Literacy Instruction and Assessment, Pre-K-6.pdf - 48,641 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: The Fundamentals of Literacy Instruction and Assessment, Pre-K-6.pdf - 28,772 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: The Fundamentals of Literacy Instruction and Assessment, Pre-K-6.pdf - 29,411 KB/Sec
- Making Sense of Phonics, Second Edition: The Hows and Whys
- Making Content Comprehensible for Elementary English Learners: The SIOP Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (3rd Edition) (SIOP Series)
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (6th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, Global Edition
- Classroom Assessment for Student Learning: Doing It Right - Using It Well (2nd Edition) (Assessment Training Institute, Inc.)
- Creating Writers: 6 Traits, Process, Workshop, and Literature (6th Edition) (Creating 6-Trait Revisers and Editors Series)
- Unlocking Literacy: Effective Decoding and Spelling Instruction, Second Edition
- Multisensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills, Third Edition
- Writing Better: Effective Strategies for Teaching Students with Learning Difficulties
- From Text Maps to Memory Caps: 100 More Ways to Differentiate Instruction in K-12 Inclusive Classrooms
For future literacy teachers just beginning their professional education, nothing's more important than the first core text that builds their foundation for classroom success. That's why every preservice teacher should start with this introductory reading textbook, ideal for teaching fundamental literacy skills to students in pre-Kâ€“Grade 6.
Based on cutting-edge research, best practices, and the newest professional standards, this core literacy textbook is a must for tomorrow's teachers because it
- Focuses on pre-Kâ€“Grade 6—critical years for mastering the basics of literacy and becoming a successful reader
- Covers every key element of reading: oral language, phonemic awareness, phonics, alphabetic principle, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, handwriting, spelling, and writing
- Fully explains the new Common Core State Standards and links them explicitly with each key reading component
- Highlights best assessment practices for each reading component and makes clear connections between assessment and effective instruction
- Weaves RTI guidance throughout, so teachers can implement this highly effective model in their own classrooms
- Includes contributions from highly respected experts in reading instruction
- Advances differentiated instruction and inclusion, with guidance on teaching struggling students and English language learners
- Prepares educators for the real world of teaching, with ready-to-use tips on addressing all the elements of reading instruction in their allotted classroom time
- Examines current legislation, including the reauthorization of the Early and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and what it means for classroom instruction
Expertly organized and student-friendly, this practical text makes complex material easy to learn with case studies and classroom examples, scripted demonstrations of lessons, in-class exercises, chapter objectives, glossary terms, engaging photos, and short summaries of key information. And each chapter includes sample assignments ideal for tutors or student teachers, so they can immediately translate their knowledge into effective instruction.
The essential first step in every reading teacher's professional preparation, this accessible textbook lays a solid foundation for future coursework—and for a successful career of shaping confident, competent readers.
Please download Replacement Table 4.1. Guide to pronunciation of English sounds, from page 59, Fundamentals of Literacy Instruction and Assesment, Pre-K–6.